Other District Court Family Law Applications

Sometimes parties cannot agree on issues concerning the welfare of the child. Section 11 of the Guardianship of Infants Act, 1964, as amended, allows a guardian or parent seek the Courts direction on a question affecting the welfare of the child. When considering such an application the Court will have regard to the best interests of the child.

Examples of such applications are:

  • To dispense with a guardians consent. This arises in situations where one parent is unwilling to sign a passport form for the child, consent to medical examinations for the child etc.
  • To re-locate to another jurisdiction. This is where the custodian of the child is seeking permission to move to another jurisdiction with the child.

Have A Question ? Contact A Solicitor Now

Phone +353-1-8401780 or email us below:

Contact Us

Get An Expert Case Review

Simply Get In Touch And Request A Review

Our Partners

Shannons Solicitors LLP

29 Main Street
Opposite AIB Bank
Swords, Co. Dublin
K67 F8Y8
Telephone: +353 1 840 1780
Facsimile: +353 1 840 1793
Email: tim@shannons.ie or ollie@shannons.ie

Shannons Solicitors LLP